Berroco Bright Star Afghan Kit PRE-ORDER
THIS KIT IS A PRE-ORDER (see details below)
Inspired by the intricate piecing of patchwork quilts, the large, brightly coloured stars in this afghan are mainly composed of mitered squares. Since the colour changes within the squares are all in straight, intuitive lines, this is a perfect project on which to learn intarsia. The straight lines also make the chart easy to memorize, so you can comfortably engage in conversation as you work.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Size: 38" wide x 46" long
Gauge: 16 sts & 20 rows = 4" (10cm) in single crochet stitch
Berroco Comfort is Berroco's "new and improved" classic American worsted weight yarn. Comfort is an ultra-soft blend of Super Fine Acrylic and Super Fine Nylon and spun into a luxury twist. The yarn is easy care — machine wash and dry. 50% Super Fine Acrylic, 50% Super Fine Nylon, made in Turkey. 100g/193m (210 yds).
If you would prefer a different fibre blend for your project we can substitute the following yarns (please contact us to order).
- Berroco Ultra Wool (100% Supewash Peruvian Wool; $15.47/skein)
- Berroco Vintage (52% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 8% Nylon; $9.97/skein)
- Berroco Modern Cotton ( 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal Rayon; $12.97/skein)
- Berroco Pima 100 (100% Pima Cotton; $14.47/skein)
- Berroco Remix ( 30% Nylon, 27% Cotton, 24% Acrylic, 10% Silk, 9% Linen; $15.97)
- Berroco Ultra Alpaca (50% Super Fine Alpaca, 50% Peruvian Wool; $16.97/skein)
- Berroco Ultra Alpaca Natural (50% Super Fine Alpaca, 50% Peruvian Wool; $16.97/skein)
- Berroco Lanas (100% Peruvian Wool; $13.97/skein)
- Berroco Comfort: 4 balls each 9725 Dutch Tile (A), 9724 Pumpkin (B), and 9743 Goldenrod (C); 3 balls each 9753 Aegean Sea (D) and 9717 Raspberry Coulis (E). (Total 18 balls)
Kit DOES NOT include:
- 5.5mm/US9 needles (straight or circular)
- 5mm/H crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
These kits as a special-order and we aren’t stocking them in the store on a regular basis - you have the option to order it any time (it will be available to purchase as long as the manufacturer makes it available to us). Your kit will ship or be available for pick-up once it arrives, and we will contact you. If you need your kit for a specific date please let us know and we can find out if it’s feasible.
09: 4 x 9770, 9771, 9703; 3 x 9713, 9702
Share this item: