Vintage Button & Rib Hat Pattern FREE
This hat is knit in a chunky/Bulky weight yarn and needles that are normally suitable for an Aran - this makes it dense and helps keep out the wind). You knit the ribbed band first, then pick up stitches for the crown.
Size: Head circumference 21(22, 23, 24)"
- 2 skeins Malabrigo Chunky or Malabrigo Mecha
- 5mm/US8 needles
- 5.5mm/US9-16" circular needles
- 5.5mm/US9 double pointed needles
- 1 stitch marker
- darning needle
- 2 buttons
- thread that matches buttons & sewing needle
- 5mm/H or 5.5mm/I crochet hook (optional but useful when picking up stitches)
This pattern is FREE. You do not be asked to pay for it, but to get it you have to go through our check-out process. You do not need to create an account to check-out or provide a credit card or any other payment information (unless you are purchasing something else along with it). Thanks!