Urth Koza Shrug Kit PRE-ORDER
THIS KIT IS A PRE-ORDER (see details at bottom below)
Koza means cocoon in Turkish, a great description of both the Silk Road inspiration for this colorful wrap garment and the cozy warmth you’ll experience wearing it. A stunning hand-painted self-striping yarn, Urth Uneek Worsted, is combined with it's equally lovely cousin, Urth Monokrom Worsted, a mono-chromatic hand-dyed ombre in a textured herringbone stitch. Koza offers 2 versions in the same pattern: a Cuffed Rib (made with 6 skeins) and an Uncuffed version (4 skeins). When you purchase this kit you will immediately receive a link to download the digital version of the pattern.
Note: these kits are PRE-ORDERS, and are not stocked in the store. See below for more details on how this works!
Intrepid intermediate to Experienced
- One size: fits 32"/81cm to 44"/112cm bust.
- Length: approximately 35"/89cm from collar to hem length will vary based upon size of wearer unless adjustments are made to width and length of bodice (see Pattern Notes).
- Laid Flat: Body 38"/96.5cm wide by 28”/71cm deep, excluding arm ribbing 37.5”/95cm long including 4.75”/12cm body ribbing 76”/193cm
- Body circumference, excluding body ribbing: 4”/10cm x 9.75”/25cm circumference arm ribbing
Yarn amounts are for Uncuffed (Cuffed) version.
- Main Colour: 3(4) skeins of Urth Uneek Worsted
- Contrast Colour: 1(2) skeins of Urth Monokrom Worsted
The Body for both versions of this open-front garment is worked flat on straight or circular needles. The Body is then folded lengthwise and seamed along the shorter cast on and cast off edges, leaving an opening for the arms on the folded end. If you want to make yours larger just increase the width of the body by adding skein(s) of MC Urth Uneek Worsted on both sides of the two-colour section, adding the same yardage to each side. Alternatively, additional skeins of CC and MC may be added to make the two-colour center section wider. To increase or decrease the length of the body, cast on more or fewer stitches. (If you would like to order extra yarn to make your shrug larger we've added that option for you when you check-out).
Needles (not included with kit)
Interchangeable needles are a great option for projects like this one. A set of interchangeable needles is always a worthwhile investment for any knitter, but if you are buying individual sizes try the Knitter's Pride Interchangeables, which are also sold separately.
- 9mm/US13 straight or circular needles for the herringbone body
- 4mm/US6 - 9" (or 12") circular needles or double-pointed needles
- 4mm/US6 - 32"circular needles
- 6mm/US10 - 32" circular needles for the herringbone trim
We’re selling these kits as a special-order and aren’t stocking them in the store on a regular basis - you have the option to order it any time (it will be available to purchase as long as the manufacturer makes it available to us). Your kit will ship or be available for pick-up once it arrives, and we will contact you. That said, the vendor is very fast, reliable, and close-by, so you shouldn’t have to wait too long. If you need your kit for a specific date please let us know and we can find out if it’s feasible. Please also let us know in advance if you’d like the yarn wound (you can leave a note when you are checking out online).