Beach Wrap Project
This wrap was created with accessibility in mind - I wanted it to be simple to knit, and incredibly wearable. It's made with Quince & Co. Kestrel, a 100% organic linen that's easy to knit with, comfortable to wear, and super easy to wash (throw it in the machine in a delicate bag). The linen is heavy enough to keep you warm on spring and summer nights, but will never leave you sweating.
The simple welted texture is random, completely reversible, and creates a classic, timeless look. The pattern is knitted on the bias, increasing in width as you go, so you can make it any size you like and you never have to worry about running out of yarn. We've written the pattern with a line-by-line chart, to help you keep track of your rows (a beneficial thing for everyone, but especially helpful for people with learning disabilities). And the final bonus - it's a FAST knit on 6mm/US10 to 7mm/US10.75 needles (think quick mother's day gift)!
- 82”/205cm long (from tip to tip)
- 20”/50cm deep (at longest point)
- Quince & Co. Kestrel: 5 skeins colour EbbTide (70m/50g, 100% linen tape)
- 6mm/US10-24” circular needles (you can go up to a 7mm/US10.75mm needle)
- FREE Pattern
- Locking stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking materials: wires, pins, and mats (optional but useful to really stretch the fabric)