Festivus Ugly Sweater party
UGLY SWEATER FESTIVUS PARTY
You are cordially invited to an 'Ugly Holiday Sweater' themed Festivus Party on Sunday December 8, 2019, from 1 to 4pm!
Please wear your ugliest 'Ugly Holiday Sweater'... this may require a quick trip to your local thrift store or some crafting (both Ready-to-wear and DIY ugly sweaters are good, find inspiration for your DIY here). We'll have a couple of contests and prizes, some food to nosh (probably not the traditional Festivus meal of meatloaf on a bed of lettuce, but I'll figure out something else ...definitely some Junior Mints). And of course, there will be crafting.
Traditional and Non-Traditional Activities
- Feats of Strength (thumb wrestling, staring contest, zipping and unzipping coats, eating a chocolate bar with cutlery, etc)
- Airing of Hilarious Grievances Contest (the funniest grievance wins a prize)
- Ugly Holiday Sweater Competition (qualifying garments include sweaters, sweatshirts, dresses, suits, jackets .... check out Pinterest for DIY Ugly Holiday Sweater crafting ideas)
- Bring your knitting/crochet/embroidery/rug hooking/etc craft project
- When: Sunday December 8, 2019, from 1 to 4pm
- Where: Knit-O-Matic, 1382 Bathurst St, Toronto ON Candada
- What: Wear your ugliest "Ugly Sweater"
- Admission: $5 for the Red Door Women's Shelter
- No RSVP Necessary: Drop-in and party with us!
Festivus for the Rest of Us!
Festivus is a secular holiday celebrated as an alternative to the pressures and commercialism of the Christmas season. Festivus entered popular culture after it was made the focus of the 1997 Seinfeld episode "The Strike". For more information about the celebration of Festivus, you can see the Festivus in Wikipedia or watch the Festivus Episode from Seinfeld.