Fleece Artist Merino Thrum Mitten Kit
Thrumming is a very old technique that is seriously fun and functional. Small tufts of roving (wool that hasn't been spun into yarn yet) are knit into the garment creating a fuzzy warm layer on the inside and irresistible dots of colour the outside. As you wear them, the thrummed roving felts down, keeping your hands warm and cozy (take note dog owners, these are ideal winter dog walking mitts). The mittens will be the colour of the yarn and the thrums (roving) will peek through. This kit can also be used to make Thrummed Socks (great as house-socks or slippers)! Each kit is individually hand dyed, no two will be exactly alike.
NOTE: Each kit is individually dyed and unique. No two kits will be the same.
Skill Level: Advanced-Beginner (after a regular pair of mitts)
- Pattern & instructions (or you can download them free HERE)
- Yarn: Fleece Artist Fleece Artist Chinook, 125g (super soft, 100% superwash merino wool)
- Roving: 60g (100% super soft merino wool)
- Sizes included: Adult S, M, L, XL
Kit DOES NOT Include:
- 3.5mm/US4 double pointed needles
- 4mm/US6 double pointed needles