NEW Intro to Fair Isle
Skill Level: intermediate (after mitts or sweaters), Instructor: Liane, 2 session class (4 hours total).
In this class, you will make a beautiful two colour fair isle hat while learning the basics of this popular colourwork technique. You'll learn how to read a charted pattern, hold your yarn, change colours, carry the yarn, moderate your tension, and a few more ticks along the way! Don't worry if that sounds daunting, our gentle instructor has got you covered!
Materials are not included in the price of our classes, but we sell everything you need and you receive 10% off all materials during your group class (if you register online you will receive a discount code by email with your class information).
- 2 balls of DK or Sport weight yarn in contrasting colours. We suggest Cascade 220 Superwash Sport (for a size large (23" head) get 2 skeins for the main/background colour and 1 skein for the contrasting colour)
- 3mm/US2.5-16" circular needles (the Knitter's Pride interchangeable needles in the 3.5" length are very handy for projects like this, as you won't need to keep buying more needles every time you need a different size, which is especially helpful for sizes you don't frequently use. Get a 16" cable for this class.)
- 3.5mm/US4-16" circular needles
- 3.5mm/US4 (7" to 8" long) double pointed needles (both the Knitter's Pride 8" and Clover 7" are great)
- Fur Pompom (completely optional, but we have them!)
Class Cancellation Policy
Class deposits are non-refundable. Knit-O-Matic requires at least 72 hours notice of your cancellation before the start of the class in order to transfer your class deposit over to another class or gift card. Students who cancel less than 72 hours before the start of class or do not show up for a class will forfeit their class deposit.