NEW FOR FALL 2022!
Berroco Wizard is a super soft, light & happy bulky weight yarn. It stripes by itself, with bold colors flowing. It has a chainette construction which makes it feel deliciously airy and weightless. The consruction is also respinsible for it's very generous 240m yardage - the same amount of a typical bulky weight yarn would normally be about 100m to 125m. Wizard is also machine washable, so it's great for all kinds of projects including blankets, sweaters, hats, scarves, mitts - even a cozy pair of -slipper-socks! 1 ball should be enough to make 2 beanies (without pom-poms), or 1 beanie and 1 pair of mittens.
- 85% Superwash Merino Wool, 15% Nylon
- 100g/240m (264 yds)
- Bulky Weight
- 6mm to 6.5mm/US 10 to 10.5 needles
- 6.5mm/K crochet hook
- Knitting Gauge: 14-16 sts & 20-23 rows = 4" (10cm)
- Crochet Gauge: 13 sc & 16 rows = 4" (10cm)
- Machine wash separately in cold water on delicate cycle. Lay flat to dry.
- When checking your tension do so with WET BLOCKING to get the most accurate stitch gauge.
- Made in Italy
Projects & Patterns
- See Finished Projects on Ravelry & Instagram
- See Patterns designed with this yarn
What's a 'Chainette' Yarn?
A chainette yarn is a yarn that is created by knitting a tube from a fine strand of yarn. This makes the yarn extremely light and fluffy. The chainette construction has several benefits:
- Chainettes are extremely light, yet at the same time warm, because they hold a lot of air (which is actually an insulator).
- Chainettes don't split when you're working with them.
- Because they are so light, chainettes typically have longer yardage than other yarns of the same thickness.
- Chainettes tend to have a bit more elasticity and give, because they are already knitted.
- You can play around with needle size and tension because the yarn can be squished down or allowed to bloom.
- Because they are already knitted, chainettes tend to have a little bit of texture built-in.
Share this item: