Hats for Beginners
An Intro Class with Adrienne Fine-Furneaux
Skill Level: beginner (after intro class). 2 session class (total of 4 hours of instruction).
The next step after making scarves is working in the round, and the perfect project to do that is making hats! Hats are fast, easy, and very, very satisfying! We'll teach you how to knit in the round, how to knit on double-pointed needles (the ones that look like little chopsticks), how to decrease stitches and how to read a pattern. Knowing how to cast on and knit and purl are the only requisites.
Materials are not included, but we sell everything you need and you receive 10% off all materials during your class.
- 1 skein Berroco Vintage Chunky (don't choose a dark colour) or Malabrigo Mecha, or Diamond Baby Alpaca Sport or Illimani Llama II, or Cascade Eco Merino (makes 2 to 3 hats) or Berroco Estiva (makes 2 hats)
- 6mm/US10-16"(50cm) circular needles
- 6mm/US10 double pointed needles
- NOTE: this yarn needs to be wound into a ball before using, so please come to your class a few minutes early, or have it done ahead of time (we can wind it for you, we've got gadgets but it takes 5 minutes).
- Bulky darning or tapestry needle (clover chibi 340 is great)
Class Cancellation Policy
Class deposits are non-refundable. Knit-O-Matic requires at least 72 hours notice of your cancellation before the start of the class in order to transfer your class deposit over to another class. Students who cancel less than 72 hours before the start of class or do not show up for class will forfeit their class deposit.