Pumpkin Beanie Kit PRE-ORDER
THIS KIT IS A PRE-ORDER
We don't keep the kits in stock, but the yarn is in stock all year and we will assemble it assemble it for you when you order it.
Our local knitting guild, The Needlework Guild of Canada, very graciously invited me to attend their first Knit in the Park, so I whipped up a little kit for them, a Pumpkin Beanie. I figured it's timely, what with harvest season approaching. Plus, there is no child ever who isn't ADORABLE in a pumpkin hat. Since our guild knits for charity I wanted it to be something that was gender neutral, and makes a great gift for anyone. I sized the hat from preemie to kids of all ages, and you should be able to get 2 pumpkin hats out of one kit (and probably a third green hat too). The yarn is the ever soft and Berroco Vintage, but if you want to upgrade go for the combo we assembled with Malabrigo Rios. To make an apple hat just treat all of the purl stitches as knits.
You can purchase the pattern separately HERE.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
We wanted the skill level to be accessible to knitters in the beginner spectrum, so there isn't any colourwork or charts, you just need the following skills:
- Read a knitting pattern
- Cast on & Bind off
- Knit & Purl in the same row
- Work in the round on circular & double pointed needles
- Weave in ends
- preemie (0-6 mos, 6-18mos, 18mos-4yrs, 4yrs-adult S)
- To fit head circumference: 14.5(16.75, 18, 20.5, 21.5)” or 36(42, 45, 51, 54) cm
- Note: Fabric is stretchy. If you want a tighter fit go down a needle size
- Photo is size 0-6mos: after blocking measures 7.75" wide
- 20 sts & 26 rounds = 4”/10cm with 4.5mm/US7 circular needles after blocking
- Berroco Vintage (or Cascade 220 Superwash, or Malabrigo Rios): 1 skein in each of 2 colours. Our sample is made with Vintage (MC) 5176 Pumpkin & (CC) 51174 Spruce.
- Pattern (PDF & printed)
- One kit is enough yarn to make at least 2 pumpkin hats, with lots of green leftover to make another hat.
Kit Does Not Include