Wishbone Pullover PROJECT
The Wishbone Sweater is a true showstopper piece and I’ve had people literally stop me in the street to ask me where the sweater is from! The sweater is worked top down in an all over cable motif with a dropped shoulder. The elegant texture combined with the high collar makes it a contemporary and easy-to-wear piece, the fit is slightly cropped but can be modified to a longer length if desired by working additional rounds for the body.
The pattern includes optional directions for shaping the collar with German Short Rows. This is something that you can choose to either do or not, both versions work for the design (see photos for reference, the grey melange is done with German Short rows while the cream-coloured one is without).
- XS (S-M) L-XL (2XL-3XL) 4XL-5XL
- Finished bust circumference: 83.5 (103.5) 116.5 (123.5) 136.5 cm / 33.25 (41.25) 46.75 (49.25) 54.75”.
- Choose the size that is 10-15 cm / 4-6” bigger than your bust circumference.
- Sample in size S-M (model's bust circumference is approx. 87 cm / 34.25”).
- Sandnes Garn Double Sunday: 10 (10) 12 (14) 16 skeins
- Drops Kid Silk: 5 (5) 6 (7) 8 skeins
- 5mm/US8 - 16" circular needles
- 5mm/US8 - 32 to 40" circular needles
- 3 mm/US2.5 - 32" or 40" circular needles
- 3mm/US2.5 - 16" circular needles
- 5mm/US8 double-pointed needles (or short circular)
- 3mm/US2.5 double-pointed needles (or short circular)
- cable needle
- stitch markers
- stitch holders (or scrap yarn)
- tapestry or darning needle
24 sts x 24 rnds = 10 cm / 4” on 5 mm (US8) needles over Chart B cable stitch pattern, after blocking.
23 sts x 30 rnds= 10 cm/ 4” on 3 mm (US 2.5) needles over p1, k1tbl -ribbing, after blocking.