Petite Knit Marseille Pullover Young (age 9 - 15) PROJECT
Marseille Sweater Junior (ages 1 to 9)
The Marseille Sweater Young is worked from the top down. First, the back yoke is worked back and forth, while the shoulder slope is created by working short rows for a good fit. After this, each shoulder is worked back and forth separately with short row shaping. Then, the shoulders are joined to form the front. The front and back are worked separately and joined at the bottom of the armholes, and then the body is worked in the round on a circular needle. The sleeves are worked from stitches that are picked up and knitted along the armholes. The sleeves are worked in the round on a circular needle and double-pointed needles or using the Magic Loop technique. The neck edge is worked from stitches that are picked up and knitted along the neckline, it is then folded double and knitted together. The Marseille Sweater Young is worked with stripes, the placements of which are described in the pattern.
- 9-10 (10-12) 12-14 (14-15) years
- Bust circumference: 97 (100) 105 (108) cm [38¼ (39 ¼) 41¼ (42½) inches]
- Length: 50 (52) 54 (57) cm [19¾ (20½) 21¼ (22½) inches] (measured mid back excl. neck edge)
- Sandnes Garn Double Sunday: Main Colour 8(8, 9, 10) skeins (shown in colour 2511), Contrast Colour 2 skeins (shown in colour 8236).
- Circular needles: 4 mm [US6] / 40, 60 and 80 cm [16, 24 and 32 inches] and 3 mm [US2½] / 40 cm [16 inches]
- Find videos on the techniques used in this pattern here.
- Young Pattern
Share this item: