Quince & Co. Petaluma Tee/Top Project
Petaluma is an elegant and versatile top-down tee, an instant classic for your summer wardrobe. I love the sweet little details of this boxy tee: from its tailored shoulder shaping to its generous neckline. This top will be your go-to summer garment!
Petaluma is designed with Quince & Co Sparrow, my go-to summer yarn - my summer "store uniform" is made with Sparrow. Sparrow is the best linen I've ever come across - its machine washable (I put it in the dryer on low heat), soft, comfortable durable, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sweaters I've made with it. This top is worked on small needles, so the tension is tight enough that you won't have to wear a cami under it.
SEE OUR FAVOURITE PROJECTS FOR SPARROW
Tee is worked seamlessly from the top down, beginning with the upper back and front, worked flat, and then joined in the round below the armholes. Sleeve stitches are picked up around the armhole and sleeves are worked in the round. The shoulders and sleeve caps are shaped using German short rows. This design features tailored shoulder shaping, in which the shoulder ‘seams’ are shifted towards the back of the body.
- Bust circumference: 37½ (41½, 44½, 48½, 52) (55½, 58¾, 62¾, 66¼)" / 95.5 (105.5, 113, 123, 132) (141, 149, 159.5, 168.5) cm
- Sample shown in size 44½“ / 113 cm on a 39” / 99 cm, 5’7” / 170 cm tall model (5½” / 14 cm positive ease)
- Suggested ease: positive 2–8” / 5–20.5 cm
- Quince & Co Sparrow: 7 (7, 8, 8, 9) (9, 10, 10, 11), shown in Mineral 255
- 2.75mm/US2 – 32″ circular needles
- 2.25mm/US1 – 16″ circular needles
- 2.75mm/US2 double pointed needles (or short circular)
I-cord cast on, backwards loop cast on, picking up stitches, German short rows (links provided); increasing, decreasing, working in the round.
SEE OUR CURATED LIST OF KNITTING SKILLS
26 sts and 35 rnds = 4" [10 cm] in Stockinette stitch with larger needle, after blocking.
Share this item: