Quince & Co. Strala Tee/Top Project
Strala is a simple knit tee in fresh summer colours is the ideal piece for all your warm weather fun. Strala, by Frances Othen-Wales, stands out with a modern mosaic colourwork pattern that stretches all the way to the sleeves. Shown here in Quince & Co Sparrow colorways Moon and Sans, it’s perfect for a simple barbeque outing or worn over a dress for an elegant twilight stroll. Choose your own special combination of colours to create your personal getaway look!
Tee is worked flat in two pieces from the bottom up with a slip-stitch mosaic colorwork detail on the front yoke. It is seamed at the shoulders using Kitchener stitch and at the sides using mattress stitch. Applied i-cord edging is added around the sleeve openings. Both charts and line-by-line instructions are included in pattern.
Need a few colour suggestions for your Strala? Try the following:
- Port & Nannyberry,
- Truffle & Chicory
- Juniper & Blue Spruce
- Bust circumference: 31¼ (35¼, 39, 43, 46, 50) (53¾, 57½, 61½, 65¼, 69)” [79.5 (89.5, 99, 109, 117, 127) (136.5, 146, 156, 165.5, 175.5) cm]
- Sample shown in size 39″ [99 cm] on a 34″ [86.5 cm], 5′ 9½” [176.5 cm] tall model (5″ [12.5 cm] positive ease)
- Suggested 4–10″ [10–25.5 cm] positive ease
- Quince & Co Sparrow: 4 (4, 5, 5, 6, 6) (7, 8, 9, 10, 10) skeins Moon 222 (MC) and 1 skein Sans 200 (CC)
- 3.25 mm/US3 needles (straight or circular)
- 3.5 mm/US4 needles (straight or circular)
- 3.25mm/US3 double pointed needles (or short circular)
- 3.5mm/US4 double pointed needles (or short circular)
Long-tail cast on, cable cast on, picking up stitches, mattress stitch, Kitchener stitch, applied i-cord (links provided); decreasing, slip-stitch colorwork, working in the round. Charts and line-by-line instructions included.