Quince & Co. Yembe Tee/Top Project
Do you dream in color? We do! Yembe, by Valentina Consalvi, is a bright summer go-to piece with sophisticated stitchwork that is pleasantly straightforward to do. Knitted sideways, Yembe’s combination of texture, lace, and colorful stripes transform a simple sleeveless tee into a dazzling modern top. Shown here in Quince & Co Sparrow colorways Penny, Sans and Truffle, this is the kind of satisfying project that flies off the needles – a joy to knit and effortless to wear.
Tee is worked flat, from side-to-side, in one piece in garter stitch, in three colors of stripes alternated with eyelet rows. An i-cord border is worked across the bottom edge to carry the different colors of yarn throughout the work. Shoulders are joined together with an i-cord bind off. Neck and sleeve openings are finished with an i-cord bind off.
Need a few colour suggestions for your Yembe? Try the following:
- Pigeon, Birch & Sea Salt
- Fen, Frond & Sans
- Sea Salt, Pink Grapefruit & Hibiscus
- Bust circumference: 43½ (52, 60½, 69, 77½)” [110.5 (132, 153.5, 175.5, 197) cm]
- Sample shown in size 43″ [110.5 cm] on a 34″ [86.5 cm], 5′ 9½ [176.5 cm] tall model (9″ [23 cm] positive ease)
- Suggested 9.5–15.5″ [24–39.5 cm] positive ease
- Quince & Co Sparrow: 2 (2, 3, 3, 3) skeins Sans 200 (A), 2 (2, 2, 3, 3) skeins Penny 221 (or sub Nannyberry), 2 (2, 2, 3, 3) skeins Truffle 211 (C)
- 3.75mm/US5 – 32″ circular needles: TWO
- 3.75mm crochet hook (for provisional cast-on)
Knitted cast on, crochet provisional cast on, Kitchener stitch, i-cord bind off (links provided); increasing, decreasing.
Share this item: