Janice Market Bag Pattern FREE
This bag is knit from the bottom up in a very simple lace stitch. The base is a rectangle knit in stocking stitch, the sides are picked up, and then the body is worked up. The yarn used, Berroco Origami, is very slippery and the ends must be sewn down with a thread & needle to ensure they don’t escape.
This pattern was designed with Berroco Origami, which has been discontinued. Other yarns that can be used include: Berroco Linsey, Berroco Seduce or Berroco Captiva.
- Berroco Origami (50g/90m): 3 skeins (250m to 270m worsted weight yarn)
- 4mm-16” or 24” circular needles
- 4.5mm-16” or 24” circular needles
- 4mm crochet hook (optional, for picking up sts)
- Small stitch holder or scrap yarn
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast
- Darning needle (straight is easier)
- 4 Buttons: 3/4” wide
- Sewing needle & thread (in colours matching yarn and buttons)