Arctic Light Pullover PROJECT
Arctic Light Sweater
The Arctic Light Sweater is a gorgeous cable knit sweater with intricate patterns on the front, back and sleeves. It’s worked top down on 5 mm (US8) needles with one strand of merino together with one strand of silk mohair to give it a lustrous sheen. The length is slightly cropped which makes it the perfect companion to wear with high-waisted jeans or a dress. The sweater is worked holding one strand of merino Sandnes Garn Double Sunday and one strand of Drops Kid Silk silk mohair together.
- Choose a lighter colour to make the cables really stand out. If you’re going to make the effort, you may as well show it off!
- Full video tutorial series can be found on YouTube (see below)
- Ravelry KNIT ALONG support group
- XS (S) M (L) XL (2XL) 3XL
- Finished bust circumference: 92.5 (100) 107.5 (120) 134.5 (147.5) 158 cm / 37 (40) 43 (48) 53.75 (59) 63.25”.
- Choose the size that is 5-15 cm / 2-6” bigger than your bust circumference.
- Sample in size S, model has a bust of approx 87 cm/ 34.25”.
- Sandnes Garn Double Sunday: 10 (10) 11 (12) 13 (14) 15 skeins
- Drops Kid Silk: 6 (6) 7 (7) 9 (10) 12 skeins
- 5mm/US8 - 16" circular needles
- 5mm/US8 - 32 to 40" circular needles
- 3 mm/US2.5 - 32" or 40" circular needles
- 3mm/US2.5 - 16" circular needles
3mm/US2.5 double-pointed needles (or short circular)
- cable needle
- stitch markers (removable)
- tapestry or darning needle
- 22 sts x 26 rnds = 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4” on 5 mm (US8) needles holding one strand of merino and one strand of silk mohair together (before blocking).
- The white Arctic Light Sweater is knitted with Sandnes Garn Double Sunday in color 1015
- The blue Arctic Light Sweater is knitted with Sandnes Garn Double Sunday in color Evening Sky 6051
- The beige Arctic Light Sweater is knitted with Sandnes Garn Double Sunday in color Kamé 3532