Meadow Lane (Baby) Blanket Project
Meadow Lane Baby Blanket
February 2019 we showed you my friend Jo’s Meadow Lane baby blanket in progress, and it was so inspiring that we made one for the store! We used 4 skeins of Urth Uneek Worsted in colour 4010 and it positively SINGS (although I LOVE Jo’s blanket in colour 4009). For a less spendy version try the same quantities in Berroco Comfort Print.
The FREE pattern is worked in a broken garter stitch, it’s a very simple knit, and definitely beginner friendly (you only need to know how to knit and purl in the same row). If you have a hard time ‘reading’ your stitches you’ll want to use Stitch Markers to separate your knits from your purls.
The pattern offers several sizes (I ADORE designers who do this, they deserve a standing ovation), from a baby-size to a full-sized lap blanket. We made a size “small” and after blocking it came out 28″ wide by 39″ long (more than sufficient for a baby blanket):
- Baby: 29.75” wide x 32” long
- Small: 32” wide x 42” long
- Medium: 36.5” wide x 43” long
- Large: 41” wide x 48” long
- XL: 45.5” wide x 50” long
- XXL: 50” wide x 56” long
- Urth Uneek Worsted: 3(4, 5, 6, 7, 9) skeins (see sizes above, shown in colour 4010) ... or try Berroco Comfort Print
- 4.5mm/US7 – 29″ circular needles (or longer)
- Stitch Markers (optional)
- FREE pattern
Share this item: