With a dramatic openwork pattern reminiscent of honeycomb, Overland is a modern, go-with-everything piece you can take on all of your summer travels. This striking, asymmetrical triangular shawl is worked from one point, with increases along the top edge. Written in two sizes and featuring interchangeable charts, Ruth Nguyen’s clever design allows you to create a custom shawl that is truly one-of-a-kind. (shown in smaller size)
Triangular shawl is worked sideways in one piece from left point to wide left edge. Modular cable and lace patterns can be worked interchangeably for several different looks.
- Wingspan: 60 (82)" [152.5 (208.5) cm] wingspan
- Depth at centre: 23 (40)" [58.5 (101.5) cm]
- Shown in size 60" [58.5 cm] size on a 34" [86.5 cm], 5' 9½" [176.5 cm] tall model
- Quince & Co Kestrel: 4 (8) skeins, shown in Lira 525
- 6.5mm/US10.5 – 32″ circular needles
Backward loop cast on, cables with and without a cable needle, Jeny’s surprisingly stretchy bind-off, (links provided); increasing, decreasing. Charts and line-by-line instructions included. See our curated list of Knitting Skills for extra tutorials.
Share this item: