Turtle Dove Pullover PROJECT
Turtle Dove II
Turtle Dove II is a super pretty, simple and very popular free pullover pattern that's great for fall! It's made with super soft, like, airy and fluffy Drops AIR (keep it simple sister). It is a loose, raglan-style sweater with a turtleneck and a modern silhouette. Knit from the top-down with optional short-rows to raise the back of the neck slightly, the entire sweater is knit in the round so there is no seaming at all. There are two options for finishing the body - a simple rolled hem or a twisted rib split-hem. Turtle Dove II is nearly identical to the original Turtle Dove sweater except that it is knit at a tighter gauge.
- 1 (2, 3, 4) (5, 6, 7, 8)
- Finished circumference: 45.5 (47.5, 50.5, 54.5) (58.5, 61.5, 64.5, 67.5)” 115.5 (120.5, 128.5, 138.5) (148.5, 156, 164, 171.5) cm
- Measurements above are given for the finished circumference measured at the end of the raglan increases (i.e. at underarms). This sweater is designed to be worn with 14 -18” / 35.5 - 45.75 cm of positive ease; however, this is just a guide. Some people prefer a closer fit; do not be afraid to select an option that provides somewhat less than the suggested ease according to your own preferences.
For projects like this that require several lengths of circular needles (if you don't already have the right sizes) we generally recommend INTERCHANGEABLE needles.
- Drops AIR: Option 1 - Rolled Hem: 5 (6, 7, 7) (8, 9, 11, 11) balls, OR Option 2 - Twisted Rib/Split Hem: 5 (6, 7, 7) (9, 9, 11, 11) balls (shown in 04 Medium Grey)
- 4.5mm/US7 - 12" circular needles or double pointed needles (for sleeves)
- 4.5mm/US7 - 16" circular needles
- 4.5mm/US7 - 24" circular needles
- 5.5mm/US9 - 16" circular needles
- 5.5mm/US7 - 24" circular needles
- 5.5mm/US7 - 40" circular needles
- Stitch Markers
- Stitch Holders or waste yarn
- Tapestry/Darning Needle
- FREE PATTERN
FYI: Original Turtle Dove
The original Turtle Dove sweater is a bit thicker and knit on larger needles, so if you want to do that I suggest using one strand of Drops AIR held with a strand of Drops Kid-Silk on 6mm/US10 needles to get that light, airy look. If your sweater needs to be machine washable go for Berroco Vintage Chunky or Malabrigo Mecha.