Petite Knit Stockholm Hat PROJECT
The Stockholm Hat is a thick and warm hat inspired by Stockholm fashion. The hat is worked from the bottom up, all in rib. To achieve a neat and close rib, the size is adjusted by sewing an elastic thread along the inside circumference of the hat. This ensures a good and consistent fit. The hat is designed to be worn with a little extra baggy fabric at the top – it doesn’t have a tightly fit crown.
- One size
- Fits head circumference of 54 – 60 cm
This hat can be knit with a single strand of worsted weight yarn, or you can combine a strand of DK weight yarn with a laceweight kid-mohair.
Single Strand Yarn Options (Worsted Weight):
Double Strand Yarn Options (DK & Lace Weight):
- Sandnes Garn Double Sunday (2 balls) + Drops Kid Silk (1 ball)
- Berroco Vintage DK (1 skein) + Drops Kid Silk (1 ball)
4 mm/US6 – 16″ circular needle
- 4 mm/US6 double-pointed needles to shape the crown (or a longer circular needle if you prefer to do it using the magic loop method)
- stitch markers
- 28 sts x 27 rounds in rib (k 1, p 1) = 10 x 10 cm/4 x 4 inches on 4 mm (US size 6) needles