Beginner Hat Knit Flat Project
Hat: Knit Flat & Seamed
Knitting a hat flat is a great place for very new knitters to start. The main advantage to knitting a hat flat is that they can be made on straight needles, you don't need to knit in the round with circular and double-pointed needles. The downside is that you have to sew it closed, and you'll also have a seam up the back.
See video below ....
- Cast on
- Knit & Purl in the same row
- Decrease stitches
- Weaving in ends
- Following a pattern
- Cascade Spuntaneous or Malabrigo Rasta: 1 skein
- 10mm/US15 – 13″ straight needles
- Jumbo Tapestry Needle
- Pompom Maker or Fur/Synthetic Fur Pompoms (optional)
- FREE Pattern, Instructions & Tutorials
SubstitutionsYou can also use 1 ball of Drops Andes, Drops Wish or LionBrand Wool Ease Thick & Quick and 9mm-13″ straight needles
Share this item: