Strathcona Pullover Project
- (XXS/XS), S/M, (L/XL), (XXL/XXXL)
- Width at bust (lying flat): approx (48.5cm / 19”) 53.5 cm / 21” (61cm / 23.75”) (67.5 cm / 26.5”)
- Length (46 cm / 17” ) 48.5 cm / 19” (51cm / 21”) (58.5cm / 23”)
- Model is 5’9, wearing S/M size.
All of the yarn options listed are super soft and utterly delicious against the skin - you can't go wrong with any of them, the only choice is the aesthetic you prefer.
1. WATERCOLOUR MARVEL: Malabrigo Rasta: 4(5, 5, 6) skeins
Malabrigo Rasta is a hand-painted, single-ply, 100% merino wool made in Uruguay. It's very popular and we generally have a hard time keeping sweater quantities in stock, so if you're in love be sure to put a ring on it and lock it down!
SEE FINISHED PROJECTS MADE WITH MALABRIGO RASTA
2. SIMPLE & CLASSIC: Cascade Spuntaneous: 3(4, 4, 5) skeins
Cascade Spuntaneous is single ply, 100% merino wool made in Peru. It's machine dyed and comes in solid and heathered colours. If you want a classic look, look no further.
SEE FINISHED PROJECTS MADE WITH CASCADE SPUNTANEOUS
3. SUPER LIGHT 'N FUZZY: Drops Melody (3 strands together): 7(8, 9, 9) balls
Drops Melody is a super fuzzy blend of alpaca and wool that looks like mohair and feels like the downy feathers on a baby chick (or a puppy, kitten, etc. other baby animals). Hold three strands of this yarn together to get a super thick mohair look without sacrificing softness.
4. FUZZY WITH BODY: Drops Wish (5(5, 6, 6) balls + Drops Melody 3 balls (hold 1 strand of each yarn)
Drops Wish is a blown yarn with super soft alpaca & merino wool blasted into a knitted core of pima cotton. The result is a lofty, airy yarn that's light with a fuzzy aura. Pair one strand of Wish with one of super soft Drops Melody (see above) to get a sweater with both body and a bit of fuzzy happiness.
Colours that work together:
- Light Grey Heather: Wish 03 + Melody 03
- Charcoal Grey Heather: Wish 07 & Melody 04
- Oatmeal Heather: Wish 05 & Melody 15
- Off White: Wish 01 & Melody 01
- Curry: Wish 12 & Melody 18
- Denim Blue: Wish 09 & Melody 07
- Raisin: Wish 10 & Melody 20
- Rust: Wish 11 & Melody 19
We think Interchangeable needles area great way to go when a pattern calls for a bunch of sizes you don't normally use. The Knitter's Pride tips can be a great value, while the Addi Interchangeables are the premium option. If getting interchnageables, be sure to get the shorter 3.5" tips for the 16" length needles - the 4.5" tips are too long and will not work with a cord that short.
If you prefer fixed circular needles, Clover and Addi both make wonderful quality circular needles, and if you want a wood 15mm/US19 circular check out the Knitter's Pride Fixed needles.
- 9mm/US13 - 16" circular needles (if buying interchangeables get the shorter 3.5" tips, the 4.5" tips are too long for this length cord)
- 10mm/US15 - 24" circular needles
- 15mm/US19 - 24" circular needles
- 15mm/US19 - 32" circular needles (or longer, for optional magic loop, or use double pointed needles)
Share this item: